Monday

May 28, 2010 -Childhood

I think a lot about what kind of parent I want to be and what type of childhood I want to create for Hunter. Just after I had gone away to college and many times since I have had to experience many adult moments and I can remember wishing I was a child again and that the biggest things I was worried about was schoolwork and who was going to sit by me at lunch. I had a wonderful childhood with parents who created a beautiful world for me and exposed me to a lot but protected me from a lot too. I want to give Hunter a spectacular childhood full of giggles, exploration, and love. I want him to have what I did and so much more.

I want his childhood to be filled with more finger painting, playing, drawing, mess making than cleaning.

I want it to be filled with more bike rides and zoo trips than doctor's visits.
More cookies than green beans.

More books, stories, songs, and music than television.

More time playing in the backyard relaxing than running errands.

More day dreams than nightmares. More smiles than cries.
More pajamas, Mohawks, and t-shirts than suits.
More exploration, curiosity, discovery than disappointment.
More hugs, kisses, cuddles than tears.
I know that Hunter will have so much time to grow up and will experience life with all of it's adult moments. I just want to give him as many carefree blissful moments as I can. I have loved having this second chance at childhood. I love that I spent my morning finger painting, throwing rocks, and walking barefoot in the grass and my afternoon at the zoo. Childhood is more amazing this time because I am able to enjoy it through my beautiful boys eyes and it is a beautiful world.